Friday, July 18, 2008

Sale!!! Sigh...

I swung through Nordstrom's anniversary sale this morning and thought it was pretty snoozy.
I got there at 9 a.m. with the other crazies, even after being disappointed with the online selection. I was hoping for a pair of really great flat brown boots, but no luck.

Here are a couple hits and misses...

HIT: Joie 'Chasity' cashmere cardigan, on sale for $159.90, from $248.
Love the color and long shape. There was also a more frugal version in BP for $30, though it was sans cashmere.



MISS: Juicy Couture velour hoodie, on sale for $89.90 from $138.
Really, aren't we over these awful velour getups?


HIT: ABS by Allen Schwartz belted high-waist dress, on sale for $158.90 from $268.
I've never tried one on, but I love the idea of a dress that looks like two pieces. Such trickery! I've been seeing a lot of this style for fall. I'd swap out the belt.



MISS: Free People 'Future Cozy' French terry vest, on sale for $49.90 from $78.
There's just not enough vest here to justify the $50 price tag. Also, it's ugly and does not look at all cozy as the name suggests. It looks about as cozy as curling up on the couch with a napkin.

No comments: